Obama calls Cameron; discusses Iran and Afghanistan
Washington: US President Barack Obama called up British Prime Minister David Cameron and discussed about negotiations with Iran on its nuclear weapons programme and the bilateral security agreement (BSA) with Afghanistan.
During the yesterday`s conversation, Cameron also briefed Obama on the recently held tri-lateral dialogue with leaders of Afghanistan and Pakistan, the White House said.
"On Iran, the President and Prime Minister reiterated their support for the P5+1`s unified proposal and discussed their expectations for the next round of talks," it said.
"The two leaders reviewed the situation in Afghanistan, including the status of the US-Afghanistan Bilateral Security Agreement," the White House said.
"The President commended the Prime Minister`s efforts to support consultations between Afghanistan and Pakistan, including at the recent trilateral talks in London," the White House said, adding Obama and Cameron also discussed Syria.
"The two leaders expressed their continuing support for the Geneva II conference, and they welcomed the decision by the Syrian National Coalition to attend. The two leaders also reviewed progress on eliminating Syria`s chemical weapons," it said.
"The United States values its special relationship and alliance with the United Kingdom, and the two leaders will continue to consult on important security matters affecting both our countries, and the world," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’