Obama, Cameron discuss Syria in video conference
Washington: US President Barack Obama held a video conference with British Prime Minister David Cameroon during which the two leaders discussed a series of issues including Syria, the situation in the Middle East and Afghanistan, the White House has said.
"The two leaders expressed concern about the continuing violence in Syria," said the White House.
Obama President noted that the formation of the new Syrian Opposition Coalition marks an important step in preparing for a Syrian-led political transition, and reiterated the US` firm stance regarding the use or proliferation of chemical weapons, it said.
"The two leaders also discussed Afghanistan and our ongoing consultations with the Afghan Government, including negotiation of a US-Afghanistan Bilateral Security Agreement," the White House said.
Obama and Cameron agreed on the need to find a way forward on Middle East peace that stops the cycle of counterproductive unilateral actions by the Israelis and Palestinians, and brings the parties back to the negotiating table.
"On Iran, the two leaders agreed on the need to continue implementing sanctions, which are having an important effect, while pursuing diplomatic engagement to resolve the international community`s concerns about Iran`s nuclear program," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog