Obama campaign accuses Romney of outsourcing jobs to India
Washington: The Obama Campaign in a new ad has accused presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney of outsourcing jobs to India when he was the Massachusetts Governor.
"What about Mitt Romney? As a corporate CEO, he shipped American jobs to places like Mexico and China. As governor, he outsourced state jobs to a call center in India. He`s still pushing tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas," said the advertisement which will run in the key States of Virginia, Ohio and Iowa.
"It`s just what you`d expect from a guy who had a Swiss Bank account," says the advertisement which is approved by President Barack Obama, who is seeking his reelection this November.
The Obama Campaign is believed to be spending about USD 780,000 on running this ad in these key States, reports said.
The Indian IT software and services companies get about 60 per cent of their revenues from the US market, as American firms outsource their back office jobs to India and other countries to cut cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning
- Hemant Soren complains against top police officer
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit