Obama campaign accuses Romney of outsourcing jobs to India
Washington: The Obama Campaign in a new ad has accused presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney of outsourcing jobs to India when he was the Massachusetts Governor.
"What about Mitt Romney? As a corporate CEO, he shipped American jobs to places like Mexico and China. As governor, he outsourced state jobs to a call center in India. He`s still pushing tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas," said the advertisement which will run in the key States of Virginia, Ohio and Iowa.
"It`s just what you`d expect from a guy who had a Swiss Bank account," says the advertisement which is approved by President Barack Obama, who is seeking his reelection this November.
The Obama Campaign is believed to be spending about USD 780,000 on running this ad in these key States, reports said.
The Indian IT software and services companies get about 60 per cent of their revenues from the US market, as American firms outsource their back office jobs to India and other countries to cut cost.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today