Obama campaign questions foreign policy credential of Romney
Washington: The Obama Campaign has questioned the foreign policy credentials of Mitt Romney, the Republican Presidential nominee, alleging that the latter has fumbled during his maiden overseas trip as a candidate, thus raising serious questions on his preparedness.
"He (Romney) has been fumbling the foreign policy football from country to country. And there`s a threshold question that he has to answer for the American people, and that`s whether he is prepared to be commander-in-chief," the deputy campaign press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters flying with the US President Barack Obama on air force one to New York.
Psaki was referring to the series of "fumbles" made by Romney during his ongoing trip to Britain, Israel and Poland.
While in London, Romney in an interview to NBC News said, it would be "hard to know just how well" the games would go, and noted there were "a few things that were disconcerting."
This remark created a firestorm in the British press.
And in Israel, his remarks praising the business culture of Israel and highlighting the economic success enjoyed by the Jewish state relative to Palestine -- was blasted by Palestinians as racist.
"As we look to the past events, we know that this raises some questions about his preparedness. We will see how the rest of the trip goes," Psaki said responding to a question during the flight to New York.
Meanwhile the White House Deputy Press Secretary, Josh Earnest said, such remarks, have left people "scratching their heads a little bit. "
"One of the challenges of being an actor on the international stage, particularly when you`re traveling to such a sensitive part of the world, is that your comments are very closely scrutinized for meaning, for nuance, for motivation," Earnest told reporters at his daily news conference yesterday.
"I would leave it to Governor Romney to further explain what he meant and what he intended when he said that," he added.
Earnest strongly defended the foreign policy record of Obama since he took over the office in January 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers