Obama campaign tears into Romney’s ‘disaster’ foreign policy
Washington: President Barack Obama’s campaign has rebutted Republican presidential rival Mitt Romney’s foreign policy speech, saying ‘he has a high bar to clear to show he’s ready for the responsibilities of presidency’.
“We’re not going to be lectured by someone who has been an unmitigated disaster on foreign policy every time he’s dipped his toe in the foreign policy waters,” campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki added.
According to Politico, Romney is expected to criticize Obama’s foreign policy in a speech at the Virginia Military Institute on Monday.
It has been known that Romney’s advisers were split over how to handle the situation in Libya and across the Middle East, with many pushing their candidate to take a more aggressive stand against Obama.
"When he had the opportunity to speak directly to the American people about his plans on domestic and foreign policy issues, as we all remember, he didn’t bring up Afghanistan, he didn’t bring up the troops," Psaki said
"We’re certainly interested in what he has to say, but this is his fourth or fifth retake at trying to lay out his foreign policy positions for the American people. And at this point, it’s a very high bar he would have to jump over to convince them he’s prepared to be Commander-in-Chief,” Psaki added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday