Obama condemns deadly attacks in Egypt, Nigeria
Honolulu: President Barack Obama has condemned deadly New Year`s Eve attacks in Egypt and Nigeria.
In a statement, Obama says the perpetrators of an attack on an Egyptian church have no respect for human life or dignity. He says those responsible for the bomb that killed at least 21 people must be brought to justice for "this barbaric and heinous act”. The bombing enraged Christians in Egypt who often complain of discrimination at the hands of Egypt`s Muslim majority.
Obama also says a separate attack near an Army barracks in Abuja, Nigeria demonstrates the "bankrupt vision" of those who carry out the attacks. At least four people were killed and 21 wounded while celebrating the New Year.
Obama says the US will offer any necessary assistance to Egypt and Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister