Obama condemns deadly attacks in Egypt, Nigeria
Honolulu: President Barack Obama has condemned deadly New Year`s Eve attacks in Egypt and Nigeria.
In a statement, Obama says the perpetrators of an attack on an Egyptian church have no respect for human life or dignity. He says those responsible for the bomb that killed at least 21 people must be brought to justice for "this barbaric and heinous act”. The bombing enraged Christians in Egypt who often complain of discrimination at the hands of Egypt`s Muslim majority.
Obama also says a separate attack near an Army barracks in Abuja, Nigeria demonstrates the "bankrupt vision" of those who carry out the attacks. At least four people were killed and 21 wounded while celebrating the New Year.
Obama says the US will offer any necessary assistance to Egypt and Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections