Obama condemns suicide bombings in Russian city
Washington: Condemning the suicide
bombing in the Russian city of Nazran, which claimed 20 lives, US President Barack Obama Tuesday said there can be no justification for such an act of terrorism.
"I am deeply troubled about reports of a suicide
bombing today in Nazran, Ingushetiya, that resulted in the
tragic loss of at least 20 lives and 138 injured," Obama said
in a statement.
"There can be no justification for such an act of
terrorism," he said.
"This latest attack highlights the concerning increase
in violence in the region affecting officials and civilians
alike. Our condolences go out to the Government of Russia and
the families of victims," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble