Obama condemns suicide bombings in Russian city
Washington: Condemning the suicide
bombing in the Russian city of Nazran, which claimed 20 lives, US President Barack Obama Tuesday said there can be no justification for such an act of terrorism.
"I am deeply troubled about reports of a suicide
bombing today in Nazran, Ingushetiya, that resulted in the
tragic loss of at least 20 lives and 138 injured," Obama said
in a statement.
"There can be no justification for such an act of
terrorism," he said.
"This latest attack highlights the concerning increase
in violence in the region affecting officials and civilians
alike. Our condolences go out to the Government of Russia and
the families of victims," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured