Obama condemns suicide bombings in Russian city
Washington: Condemning the suicide
bombing in the Russian city of Nazran, which claimed 20 lives, US President Barack Obama Tuesday said there can be no justification for such an act of terrorism.
"I am deeply troubled about reports of a suicide
bombing today in Nazran, Ingushetiya, that resulted in the
tragic loss of at least 20 lives and 138 injured," Obama said
in a statement.
"There can be no justification for such an act of
terrorism," he said.
"This latest attack highlights the concerning increase
in violence in the region affecting officials and civilians
alike. Our condolences go out to the Government of Russia and
the families of victims," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country