Obama congratulates South Korea’s first woman prez
Washington: US President Barack Obama has congratulated the South Korean first female president Park Geun-Hye on her historic victory and sought extensive cooperation with the newly elected leader.
"I look forward to working closely with the Park Administration to further enhance our extensive cooperation with the Republic of Korea on a wide range of important bilateral, regional and global issues," Obama said in a statement yesterday.
"The US-ROK (Republic of Korea) alliance serves as a linchpin of peace and security in the Asia Pacific and our two nations share a global partnership with deep economic, security, and people-to-people ties," he said.
"I also wish to reiterate my admiration for all that President Lee has done to strengthen US-ROK relations and promote a Global Korea," Obama said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blake Lively feels 'Gossip Girl' reunion will be fun
- England vs Pakistan: Trevor Bayliss keen on hiring Saqlain Mushtaq as bowling consultant
- WATCH: EPIC! Here's who won after The Great Khali and Kane traded brutal chair shots
- India should continue fiscal consolidation for better prospect: IMF
- TCL launches new smartphone at Rs 10,990