Obama `deeply humbled` by Mandela`s Robben Island prison visit
US President Barack Obama said he was "deeply humbled" by a visit on Sunday to the Robben Island prison where Nelson Mandela spent some of his darkest days in jail.
"On behalf of our family we`re deeply humbled to stand where men of such courage faced down injustice and refused to yield," Obama wrote in a message in the visitor’s book co-signed by his wife Michelle.
The world is grateful for the heroes of Robben Island, who remind us that no shackles or cells can match the strength of the human spirit."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video