Obama, Democrats raise $60 million in May
Washington: President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party have raised a combined USD 60 million in May for his re-election effort.
The totals helped the president exceed his fundraising haul in April, when his campaign and his party raised USD 43.6 million. That was slightly more than his presumed challenger in the November election, Mitt Romney, and the Republican Party, which raised about USD 40 million during the month.
Romney has not yet released fundraising totals for May.
Obama and the Democratic National Committee and other state-focused funds have brought in about USD 450 million during the 2012 election.
The President`s campaign staff said on Twitter that more than 572,000 people donated in May, bringing their total to 2.2 million donors for his re-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?