Obama, Democrats raise $60 million in May
Washington: President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party have raised a combined USD 60 million in May for his re-election effort.
The totals helped the president exceed his fundraising haul in April, when his campaign and his party raised USD 43.6 million. That was slightly more than his presumed challenger in the November election, Mitt Romney, and the Republican Party, which raised about USD 40 million during the month.
Romney has not yet released fundraising totals for May.
Obama and the Democratic National Committee and other state-focused funds have brought in about USD 450 million during the 2012 election.
The President`s campaign staff said on Twitter that more than 572,000 people donated in May, bringing their total to 2.2 million donors for his re-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown