Obama, Democrats raise $60 million in May
Washington: President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party have raised a combined USD 60 million in May for his re-election effort.
The totals helped the president exceed his fundraising haul in April, when his campaign and his party raised USD 43.6 million. That was slightly more than his presumed challenger in the November election, Mitt Romney, and the Republican Party, which raised about USD 40 million during the month.
Romney has not yet released fundraising totals for May.
Obama and the Democratic National Committee and other state-focused funds have brought in about USD 450 million during the 2012 election.
The President`s campaign staff said on Twitter that more than 572,000 people donated in May, bringing their total to 2.2 million donors for his re-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr