Obama, Democrats raise $60 million in May
Washington: President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party have raised a combined USD 60 million in May for his re-election effort.
The totals helped the president exceed his fundraising haul in April, when his campaign and his party raised USD 43.6 million. That was slightly more than his presumed challenger in the November election, Mitt Romney, and the Republican Party, which raised about USD 40 million during the month.
Romney has not yet released fundraising totals for May.
Obama and the Democratic National Committee and other state-focused funds have brought in about USD 450 million during the 2012 election.
The President`s campaign staff said on Twitter that more than 572,000 people donated in May, bringing their total to 2.2 million donors for his re-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter