Obama does not deserve second term, say 52% Americans
Washington: About 52 per cent Americans believe that US President Barack Obama does not deserve a second term in office, when the country goes to presidential elections in 2012, according to a poll.
Nearly 44 per cent of registered voters say Obama deserves re-election, with 52 per cent saying the president does not deserve a second term in office.
The survey also indicates that 49 per cent of Americans approve of the job Obama`s doing as president, with half of the public disapproving of his job in the White House.
"One problem Obama faces may be the perception that Obama is not a middle-class kind of guy," said the CNN polling director Keating Holland.
"Only four per cent of Americans describe themselves as upper class. But a 45 per cent plurality say that Obama belongs to the upper class, with 42 per cent saying he is from
the middle class and 12 per cent describing him as working class," Holland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest