Obama does not deserve second term, say 52% Americans
Washington: About 52 per cent Americans believe that US President Barack Obama does not deserve a second term in office, when the country goes to presidential elections in 2012, according to a poll.
Nearly 44 per cent of registered voters say Obama deserves re-election, with 52 per cent saying the president does not deserve a second term in office.
The survey also indicates that 49 per cent of Americans approve of the job Obama`s doing as president, with half of the public disapproving of his job in the White House.
"One problem Obama faces may be the perception that Obama is not a middle-class kind of guy," said the CNN polling director Keating Holland.
"Only four per cent of Americans describe themselves as upper class. But a 45 per cent plurality say that Obama belongs to the upper class, with 42 per cent saying he is from
the middle class and 12 per cent describing him as working class," Holland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Fish oil during pregnancy may not shield kids from obesity
- Sachin Tendulkar fans fume after Kumar Sangakkara omits 'God of Cricket' from all-time XI
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time