Obama does not deserve second term, say 52% Americans
Washington: About 52 per cent Americans believe that US President Barack Obama does not deserve a second term in office, when the country goes to presidential elections in 2012, according to a poll.
Nearly 44 per cent of registered voters say Obama deserves re-election, with 52 per cent saying the president does not deserve a second term in office.
The survey also indicates that 49 per cent of Americans approve of the job Obama`s doing as president, with half of the public disapproving of his job in the White House.
"One problem Obama faces may be the perception that Obama is not a middle-class kind of guy," said the CNN polling director Keating Holland.
"Only four per cent of Americans describe themselves as upper class. But a 45 per cent plurality say that Obama belongs to the upper class, with 42 per cent saying he is from
the middle class and 12 per cent describing him as working class," Holland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security