Obama dreams to hangout in Israel in fake mustache
London: President Barack Obama just wants to be a regular tourist and hang out in Israel.
Bemoaning the loss of his anonymity ahead of a trip to Israel next week, Obama told Israeli Channel 2 that he often wished he could just be a regular tourist.
The second-term president said that sometimes he fantasizes that he can put on a disguise, wear a fake mustache and wander through Tel Aviv and go to a bar and have a conversation.
According to ABC News, in an interview taped at the White House earlier this week, Obama said he missed the ‘spontaneous interactions’ he used to have when he traveled.
He said that he just loved to sit at a café and hang out, adding that the last time he was there as a senator, he had the option of wandering through the Old City of Jerusalem.
He said that that option becomes much trickier once you’re actually president, noting the tight security around him when he travels.
He added that you can’t just slip out and interact with people without having a bunch of guys with machine guns with you.
Obama told the interviewer he plans to find as many opportunities as he can to interact directly with the Israeli people, but admitted that ‘you’ve tapped into something that chafes at me’, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada