Obama dreams to hangout in Israel in fake mustache
London: President Barack Obama just wants to be a regular tourist and hang out in Israel.
Bemoaning the loss of his anonymity ahead of a trip to Israel next week, Obama told Israeli Channel 2 that he often wished he could just be a regular tourist.
The second-term president said that sometimes he fantasizes that he can put on a disguise, wear a fake mustache and wander through Tel Aviv and go to a bar and have a conversation.
According to ABC News, in an interview taped at the White House earlier this week, Obama said he missed the ‘spontaneous interactions’ he used to have when he traveled.
He said that he just loved to sit at a café and hang out, adding that the last time he was there as a senator, he had the option of wandering through the Old City of Jerusalem.
He said that that option becomes much trickier once you’re actually president, noting the tight security around him when he travels.
He added that you can’t just slip out and interact with people without having a bunch of guys with machine guns with you.
Obama told the interviewer he plans to find as many opportunities as he can to interact directly with the Israeli people, but admitted that ‘you’ve tapped into something that chafes at me’, the report added.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why