Obama dreams to hangout in Israel in fake mustache
London: President Barack Obama just wants to be a regular tourist and hang out in Israel.
Bemoaning the loss of his anonymity ahead of a trip to Israel next week, Obama told Israeli Channel 2 that he often wished he could just be a regular tourist.
The second-term president said that sometimes he fantasizes that he can put on a disguise, wear a fake mustache and wander through Tel Aviv and go to a bar and have a conversation.
According to ABC News, in an interview taped at the White House earlier this week, Obama said he missed the ‘spontaneous interactions’ he used to have when he traveled.
He said that he just loved to sit at a café and hang out, adding that the last time he was there as a senator, he had the option of wandering through the Old City of Jerusalem.
He said that that option becomes much trickier once you’re actually president, noting the tight security around him when he travels.
He added that you can’t just slip out and interact with people without having a bunch of guys with machine guns with you.
Obama told the interviewer he plans to find as many opportunities as he can to interact directly with the Israeli people, but admitted that ‘you’ve tapped into something that chafes at me’, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon