Obama dreams to hangout in Israel in fake mustache
London: President Barack Obama just wants to be a regular tourist and hang out in Israel.
Bemoaning the loss of his anonymity ahead of a trip to Israel next week, Obama told Israeli Channel 2 that he often wished he could just be a regular tourist.
The second-term president said that sometimes he fantasizes that he can put on a disguise, wear a fake mustache and wander through Tel Aviv and go to a bar and have a conversation.
According to ABC News, in an interview taped at the White House earlier this week, Obama said he missed the ‘spontaneous interactions’ he used to have when he traveled.
He said that he just loved to sit at a café and hang out, adding that the last time he was there as a senator, he had the option of wandering through the Old City of Jerusalem.
He said that that option becomes much trickier once you’re actually president, noting the tight security around him when he travels.
He added that you can’t just slip out and interact with people without having a bunch of guys with machine guns with you.
Obama told the interviewer he plans to find as many opportunities as he can to interact directly with the Israeli people, but admitted that ‘you’ve tapped into something that chafes at me’, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145