Obama economic adviser leaving, successor picked
Washington: A White House official says Gene Sperling, President Barack Obama`s top economic adviser, plans to leave in January and will be replaced by Jeffrey Zients, who has twice served as White House acting budget director.
The White House will announce the change on Friday.
Zients would replace Sperling as director of Obama`s National Economic Council, a post Sperling held for nearly three years. The New York Times reported the change today.
Sperling served in the same post under President Bill Clinton. He`s said to be leaving for personal reasons.
The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to confirm the change before the announcement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India