Obama effigy hung at school with fired teachers
Central Falls: A union is condemning an effigy of US President Barack Obama that was hung upside down by a teacher at a failing Rhode Island high school where he and all his colleagues were fired.
The teachers` union said on Thursday that the unidentified teacher has verbally apologised to his students. It also said he has asked Central Falls Superintendent Frances Gallo if he may apologise in writing.
Gallo tells CNN that she discovered the effigy in the teacher`s classroom on Monday. She says that the Obama doll was about 12 inches tall and was hung from its feet from a white board.
She says it was holding a sign saying ‘Fire Central Falls teachers’.
Obama had called the firings in Central Falls an example of holding failing schools accountable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors