Obama effigy hung at school with fired teachers
Central Falls: A union is condemning an effigy of US President Barack Obama that was hung upside down by a teacher at a failing Rhode Island high school where he and all his colleagues were fired.
The teachers` union said on Thursday that the unidentified teacher has verbally apologised to his students. It also said he has asked Central Falls Superintendent Frances Gallo if he may apologise in writing.
Gallo tells CNN that she discovered the effigy in the teacher`s classroom on Monday. She says that the Obama doll was about 12 inches tall and was hung from its feet from a white board.
She says it was holding a sign saying ‘Fire Central Falls teachers’.
Obama had called the firings in Central Falls an example of holding failing schools accountable.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!