Obama focussed on presidency, not life after it: White House
Washington: US President Barack Obama is currently focused on his presidency and not thinking about life after the end of his second term, a presidential spokesman has said.
"He`s focused on the work that he`s doing now in office to try to advance the priorities that he laid out in the campaign last year and laid out in the State of the Union address and in his inaugural address," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
Obama was set to travel to Texas today to attend the inaugural ceremony of the library of his predecessor, George W Bush.
"Where is he (Obama) at in thinking about his own library? Has he begun thinking about a site? There`s talk about Chicago or Hawaii," Carney was asked.
"He wants action taken to grow the economy and create jobs. He wants action taken to pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill that he can sign into law. He wants action to reduce gun violence -- common-sense action to reduce gun violence," the presidential spokesman said.
"He wants more action taken to enhance our energy security and our environment. He has a broad agenda that he`s working on. He`s not focused on his life after the presidency," Carney said.
Obama and the First Lady were to travel to Texas later today. They will attend an event for the Democratic Party and will remain overnight in Dallas.
Tomorrow the President and the First Lady will attend the dedication ceremony of the George W Bush Presidential Center.
Later in the day, they will travel to Baylor University in Waco, Texas to attend the memorial service for those lost and injured in the deadly explosion at the fertilizer plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan