Obama focussed on presidency, not life after it: White House
Washington: US President Barack Obama is currently focused on his presidency and not thinking about life after the end of his second term, a presidential spokesman has said.
"He`s focused on the work that he`s doing now in office to try to advance the priorities that he laid out in the campaign last year and laid out in the State of the Union address and in his inaugural address," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
Obama was set to travel to Texas today to attend the inaugural ceremony of the library of his predecessor, George W Bush.
"Where is he (Obama) at in thinking about his own library? Has he begun thinking about a site? There`s talk about Chicago or Hawaii," Carney was asked.
"He wants action taken to grow the economy and create jobs. He wants action taken to pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill that he can sign into law. He wants action to reduce gun violence -- common-sense action to reduce gun violence," the presidential spokesman said.
"He wants more action taken to enhance our energy security and our environment. He has a broad agenda that he`s working on. He`s not focused on his life after the presidency," Carney said.
Obama and the First Lady were to travel to Texas later today. They will attend an event for the Democratic Party and will remain overnight in Dallas.
Tomorrow the President and the First Lady will attend the dedication ceremony of the George W Bush Presidential Center.
Later in the day, they will travel to Baylor University in Waco, Texas to attend the memorial service for those lost and injured in the deadly explosion at the fertilizer plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Pak looks for lobbyist in US after recent diplomatic disasters
- Copa America Final: Messi `the best player of all time`, believes Chile manager Juan Antonio Pizzi
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 604—Tanushree plans a conspiracy to denigrate Pragya
- Micromax launches Unite 4, Unite 4 pro smartphones
- Football Transfer: Barcelona's Dani Alves undergoes Juventus medical