Obama focussed on presidency, not life after it: White House
Washington: US President Barack Obama is currently focused on his presidency and not thinking about life after the end of his second term, a presidential spokesman has said.
"He`s focused on the work that he`s doing now in office to try to advance the priorities that he laid out in the campaign last year and laid out in the State of the Union address and in his inaugural address," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
Obama was set to travel to Texas today to attend the inaugural ceremony of the library of his predecessor, George W Bush.
"Where is he (Obama) at in thinking about his own library? Has he begun thinking about a site? There`s talk about Chicago or Hawaii," Carney was asked.
"He wants action taken to grow the economy and create jobs. He wants action taken to pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill that he can sign into law. He wants action to reduce gun violence -- common-sense action to reduce gun violence," the presidential spokesman said.
"He wants more action taken to enhance our energy security and our environment. He has a broad agenda that he`s working on. He`s not focused on his life after the presidency," Carney said.
Obama and the First Lady were to travel to Texas later today. They will attend an event for the Democratic Party and will remain overnight in Dallas.
Tomorrow the President and the First Lady will attend the dedication ceremony of the George W Bush Presidential Center.
Later in the day, they will travel to Baylor University in Waco, Texas to attend the memorial service for those lost and injured in the deadly explosion at the fertilizer plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'