Obama, Hillary top most admired for 2011
Washington: US President Barack Obama and
his Cabinet colleague Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have
topped the list of the most admired people of the year 2011,
according to a latest opinion poll.
"Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack
Obama continue to be named by Americans as the Most Admired
Woman and Most Admired Man living today in any part of the
world," Gallup Poll said based on its latest joint opinion
poll with USA Today.
Hillary has been the Most Admired Woman each of the last
10 years, and Obama has been the Most Admired Man four years
in a row, it said.
Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama, Sarah Palin, and
Condoleezza Rice round out the top five Most Admired women,
while the top five Most Admired men also include George W
Bush, Bill Clinton, Billy Graham, and Warren Buffett, it said.
Gallup said of the top 10 Most Admired men, four are
government leaders (Obama, Hillary, Bush, and Newt Gingrich),
three are business leaders (Buffett, Donald Trump, and Bill
Gates), and three are religious leaders (Graham, Pope
Benedict, and Thomas Monson, president of the Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints).
Of the top 10 Most Admired women, eight are from
government roles and two are from television (Winfrey and
One change in the list of Most Admired women is seen in
Palin`s fall from second place each of the last three years to
fourth place this year.
Minnesota Congresswoman and presidential candidate
Michele Bachmann is the only first-time entrant among the top
10 women this year, it said.
According to Gallup, Hillary Clinton has now topped the
list of Most Admired women a total of 16 times since 1993,
finishing second in 1995 and 1996 to Mother Teresa and in 2001
to Laura Bush.
No other woman has been named Most Admired Woman as many
times as Hillary, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid