Obama holds security posture review on 9/11 eve
Washington: US President Barack Obama has held a meeting with his national security team on the eve of the 11th anniversary of 9/11, the White House said.
"The President heard from key national security principals on our preparedness and security posture on the eve of the eleventh anniversary of September 11th yesterday," the White House said.
Over the past month, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counter-terrorism, John Brennan, has convened numerous meetings to review security measures in place, it said.
During the briefing, Obama and his national security aide discussed specific measures they are taking in the Homeland to prevent 9/11 related attacks as well as the steps taken to protect US citizens and facilities abroad, as well as force protection.
Obama said that Departments and agencies must do everything possible to protect the American people, both at home and abroad, the White House said.
"The nature of this country and our people is that we remember the tragedy, we remember those we lost, we keep in our hearts their families, but we rebuild and we move forward.”
As the President said in his speech last week, a new tower is rising over the skyline in Manhattan. “That`s testament to the kind of people that we have here. But we don`t forget either," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj