Obama holds security posture review on 9/11 eve
Washington: US President Barack Obama has held a meeting with his national security team on the eve of the 11th anniversary of 9/11, the White House said.
"The President heard from key national security principals on our preparedness and security posture on the eve of the eleventh anniversary of September 11th yesterday," the White House said.
Over the past month, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counter-terrorism, John Brennan, has convened numerous meetings to review security measures in place, it said.
During the briefing, Obama and his national security aide discussed specific measures they are taking in the Homeland to prevent 9/11 related attacks as well as the steps taken to protect US citizens and facilities abroad, as well as force protection.
Obama said that Departments and agencies must do everything possible to protect the American people, both at home and abroad, the White House said.
"The nature of this country and our people is that we remember the tragedy, we remember those we lost, we keep in our hearts their families, but we rebuild and we move forward.”
As the President said in his speech last week, a new tower is rising over the skyline in Manhattan. “That`s testament to the kind of people that we have here. But we don`t forget either," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested