Obama holds security posture review on 9/11 eve
Washington: US President Barack Obama has held a meeting with his national security team on the eve of the 11th anniversary of 9/11, the White House said.
"The President heard from key national security principals on our preparedness and security posture on the eve of the eleventh anniversary of September 11th yesterday," the White House said.
Over the past month, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counter-terrorism, John Brennan, has convened numerous meetings to review security measures in place, it said.
During the briefing, Obama and his national security aide discussed specific measures they are taking in the Homeland to prevent 9/11 related attacks as well as the steps taken to protect US citizens and facilities abroad, as well as force protection.
Obama said that Departments and agencies must do everything possible to protect the American people, both at home and abroad, the White House said.
"The nature of this country and our people is that we remember the tragedy, we remember those we lost, we keep in our hearts their families, but we rebuild and we move forward.”
As the President said in his speech last week, a new tower is rising over the skyline in Manhattan. “That`s testament to the kind of people that we have here. But we don`t forget either," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?