Obama holds security posture review on 9/11 eve
Washington: US President Barack Obama has held a meeting with his national security team on the eve of the 11th anniversary of 9/11, the White House said.
"The President heard from key national security principals on our preparedness and security posture on the eve of the eleventh anniversary of September 11th yesterday," the White House said.
Over the past month, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counter-terrorism, John Brennan, has convened numerous meetings to review security measures in place, it said.
During the briefing, Obama and his national security aide discussed specific measures they are taking in the Homeland to prevent 9/11 related attacks as well as the steps taken to protect US citizens and facilities abroad, as well as force protection.
Obama said that Departments and agencies must do everything possible to protect the American people, both at home and abroad, the White House said.
"The nature of this country and our people is that we remember the tragedy, we remember those we lost, we keep in our hearts their families, but we rebuild and we move forward.”
As the President said in his speech last week, a new tower is rising over the skyline in Manhattan. “That`s testament to the kind of people that we have here. But we don`t forget either," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’