Obama holds security posture review on 9/11 eve
Washington: US President Barack Obama has held a meeting with his national security team on the eve of the 11th anniversary of 9/11, the White House said.
"The President heard from key national security principals on our preparedness and security posture on the eve of the eleventh anniversary of September 11th yesterday," the White House said.
Over the past month, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counter-terrorism, John Brennan, has convened numerous meetings to review security measures in place, it said.
During the briefing, Obama and his national security aide discussed specific measures they are taking in the Homeland to prevent 9/11 related attacks as well as the steps taken to protect US citizens and facilities abroad, as well as force protection.
Obama said that Departments and agencies must do everything possible to protect the American people, both at home and abroad, the White House said.
"The nature of this country and our people is that we remember the tragedy, we remember those we lost, we keep in our hearts their families, but we rebuild and we move forward.”
As the President said in his speech last week, a new tower is rising over the skyline in Manhattan. “That`s testament to the kind of people that we have here. But we don`t forget either," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage