Obama, Hollande pledge political solution in Syria
St Petersburg: President Barack Obama and French President Francois Hollande say they are committed to a political solution in Syria even as they prepare for potential military strikes.
The two leaders spoke after meeting in St Petersburg on the sidelines of the Group of 20 economic summit. Hollande has backed Obama`s call for US-led strike in Syria, but French officials say they`re waiting for the outcome of a vote in Congress and won`t proceed alone.
Obama says both countries concluded the Assad regime used chemical weapons against civilians and that any action they take would be limited.
Obama says he and Hollande discussed getting support for action in Syria from other European leaders since he said it`s clear many agree that international prohibitions on chemical weapons must be upheld.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!