Obama `hugely impressed` with Pope Francis
Sydney: US President Barack Obama has said he is `hugely impressed` with Pope Francis.
Obama made the remarks as he welcomed Pope Francis` recent remarks that the Catholic Church must get over an obsession with teachings on abortion, contraception and homosexuals.
Obama was asked in a CNBC interview about the pope`s recent remarks that the Catholic Church had become obsessed with issues like gay rights and abortion.
Francis had said the church should emphasize compassion over condemnation.
According to news.com.au, Obama said the pope is prioritizing how to embrace people rather than push them away.
He said the pope looks for the good in people and promotes a sense of love and unity.
He added that Francis seems to live out the teachings of Jesus by emphasizing humility and caring for the poor in his words and his actions, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list