Obama image tarnished in new poll
Washington: Almost six in 10 Americans express disappointment with Barack Obama`s presidency, according to a new poll, which also shows Republicans with the edge heading into mid-term elections in November.
The survey, by CBS News and the New York Times, also found that 82 percent of Democratic voters want Hillary Clinton to make another White House run in 2016.
Obama`s popularity continues to thin, according to the survey, which puts his approval rating at 41 percent with 57 percent of those asked saying they actively disapprove of his performance.
The polling, carried out between February 19 and 23, showed that the Democratic president`s exposure to Washington`s bitter political battles is shaping long term views of his White House years.
Fifty-nine percent said that they were somewhat or very disappointed with Obama`s presidency. But the US leader is retaining support in his political base, with 24 percent of Democrats very satisfied with his performance and 51 percent stating they were somewhat satisfied.
The President`s political image has been tarnished by the disastrous rollout of his signature health care law. The sluggish economic recovery, which has left unemployment high may also be bringing down his ratings, as well as simple public fatigue with his presidency, now in the second year of his second term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'