Obama inspired by Mars rover mission`s Mohawk Guy
Washington: US President Barack Obama has confessed that he once wanted to get a mohawk, and his desire for the hairstyle has flared up again, egged on by the popularity of Curiosity rover`s `Mohawk Guy`.
"I, in the past, thought about getting a mohawk myself, but my team keeps on discouraging me," Obama told scientists at NASA`s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in a phone call on Monday broadcast on NASA TV.
"And now that he`s received marriage proposals and thousands of new Twitter followers, I think that I`m going to go back to my team and see if it makes sense," he was quoted as saying by the CNN.
`Mohawk Guy`, whose real name is Bobak Ferdowsi, a Mars rover flight director became famous for his look during the rover landing last week.
As the world waited for Curiosity to touch down, Ferdowsi sported a red-and-black mohawk with yellow stars dyed on the sides of his head.
"It does sound like NASA has come a long way from the white-shirt, black dark-rimmed glasses and the pocket protectors," Obama told Jet Propulsion Laboratory Director Charles Elachi and colleagues.
"You guys are a little cooler than you used to be," he said.
Obama also congratulated the team of NASA scientists, who successfully sent `Curiosity` mission to Mars, calling it a "mind-boggling" accomplishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users