Obama invites Miss Israel for a date
Jerusalem: Amid a flurry of political engagements, Barack Obama, America`s first black president, has invited Israel`s first black beauty queen to dine with him.
21-year-old Yityish Titi Aynaw, an immigrant from Ethiopia who was an unknown face till about a month ago when she was crowned miss Israel, will attend the state dinner hosted by Israeli President Shimon Peres for Obama on Thursday.
In an interview to a local TV channel, Titi described Obama, 51, as a role model for her and the chance to see him as a dream coming true.
"It`s a huge honour for me to meet him. I know his life story and I know he is a strong man and he is a role model for me, and I am very very excited to meet him," she said.
Asked what is she going to talk about with the US President, it seems she would narrate her own life story and the story of her acceptance in the Israeli society.
"I am going to tell Obama that I was born in Ethiopia and I came to Israel and the Israelis helped me feel at home and they helped me overcome," Titi said.
"It was hard in the beginning to be here, and my friends in Israel helped me. They taught me Hebrew and they helped me with everything here, the culture and the Hebrew, everything".
"My life has changed now and I feel amazing and proud to represent Israel," she said with a glee on her face.
Asked if she fears that First Lady Michelle Obama will get jealous with her talking to her husband, she responded, "No, I am not worried."
"She is a beautiful woman and she looks like a model, really...I don`t think she will be jealous," she responded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM