Obama invites Pope Francis to visit United States
Rome: US President Barack Obama on Thursday said he had invited Pope Francis to visit the United States following a historic meeting between the two leaders.
"I invited and urged him to come and visit the United States, telling him that people would be overjoyed to see him," Obama said at a joint press conference with Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi in Rome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB