Obama is no friend of Israel: Israeli lawmaker
Jerusalem: A lawmaker from the Israeli prime minister`s party is in the United States ahead of the presidential election and has said that President Barack Obama has "not been a friend of Israel."
Danny Danon, chairman of Likud`s international outreach branch, said in Chicago today that Obama`s policies have been "catastrophic."
Danon said he will also travel to Florida and New York to promote his new book and to meet with Republican and Democratic leaders.
He says he is not interfering in the presidential race but merely stating his personal opinion. He has previously praised Mitt Romney.
But his comments could be embarrassing to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has been trying to shed accusations that he favours his longtime friend Romney in the race for the White House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?