Obama is no friend of Israel: Israeli lawmaker
Jerusalem: A lawmaker from the Israeli prime minister`s party is in the United States ahead of the presidential election and has said that President Barack Obama has "not been a friend of Israel."
Danny Danon, chairman of Likud`s international outreach branch, said in Chicago today that Obama`s policies have been "catastrophic."
Danon said he will also travel to Florida and New York to promote his new book and to meet with Republican and Democratic leaders.
He says he is not interfering in the presidential race but merely stating his personal opinion. He has previously praised Mitt Romney.
But his comments could be embarrassing to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has been trying to shed accusations that he favours his longtime friend Romney in the race for the White House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video