Obama is no friend of Israel: Israeli lawmaker
Jerusalem: A lawmaker from the Israeli prime minister`s party is in the United States ahead of the presidential election and has said that President Barack Obama has "not been a friend of Israel."
Danny Danon, chairman of Likud`s international outreach branch, said in Chicago today that Obama`s policies have been "catastrophic."
Danon said he will also travel to Florida and New York to promote his new book and to meet with Republican and Democratic leaders.
He says he is not interfering in the presidential race but merely stating his personal opinion. He has previously praised Mitt Romney.
But his comments could be embarrassing to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has been trying to shed accusations that he favours his longtime friend Romney in the race for the White House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi