Obama jokes about his ‘poor’ debate at Denver
Washington: US President Barack Obama has made a ‘thinly veiled joke’ about his poor debate performance against Republican rival Mitt Romney during the presidential debate at Denver last week.
Obama has come out for the first time and criticized his ‘lackluster’ performance at Denver.
Speaking at a fundraiser at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, Obama marveling at how his friends in the entertainment performed ‘flawlessly, night after night’ said: “I can’t always say the same”.
According to telegraph.com.au, the joke provoked sympathetic applause and laughter from the partisan packed crowd, who had paid 250 dollars for a ticket to attend the fundraiser.
Obama has been widely considered to be the loser of the first presidential debate against Romney.
Obama’s campaign has since then intensified attacks on Romney’s honesty as it is battling to stop the challenger’s momentum following his unexpectedly strong debate performance, the report said.
Romney’s campaign has also hit back sarcastically at Obama depicting his team as ‘childish sore losers’ after their candidate’s poor performance during the first face-to-face encounter, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...