Obama jokes about his ‘poor’ debate at Denver
Washington: US President Barack Obama has made a ‘thinly veiled joke’ about his poor debate performance against Republican rival Mitt Romney during the presidential debate at Denver last week.
Obama has come out for the first time and criticized his ‘lackluster’ performance at Denver.
Speaking at a fundraiser at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, Obama marveling at how his friends in the entertainment performed ‘flawlessly, night after night’ said: “I can’t always say the same”.
According to telegraph.com.au, the joke provoked sympathetic applause and laughter from the partisan packed crowd, who had paid 250 dollars for a ticket to attend the fundraiser.
Obama has been widely considered to be the loser of the first presidential debate against Romney.
Obama’s campaign has since then intensified attacks on Romney’s honesty as it is battling to stop the challenger’s momentum following his unexpectedly strong debate performance, the report said.
Romney’s campaign has also hit back sarcastically at Obama depicting his team as ‘childish sore losers’ after their candidate’s poor performance during the first face-to-face encounter, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir