Obama jokes ‘bad blood with Trump started while growing up in Kenya
Washington: President Barack Obama joked that the bad blood between him and business tycoon Donald Trump started during their shared childhood days in Kenya.
“It all dates back to when we were growing up together in Kenya,” Obama said on ‘The Tonight Show’.
According to Politico, Trump has long doubted the authenticity of Obama’s birth certificate showing that he was born in Hawaii.
On Wednesday, Trump offered to donate five million dollars to a charity of Obama’s choice if he releases his college and passport records by the end of the month.
“We had constant run-ins on the soccer field,” Obama said, adding: “He wasn’t very good and resented it. I thought it would be over when we got to America”.
According to the report, Obama said he and Trump have never met, though Trump was at the 2011 White House Correspondents’ Dinner when he roasted the real estate and reality TV mogul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers