Obama likely to seek re-election: White House
Washington: US President Barack Obama is likely to run for re-election in 2012, a White House spokesman has said.
"I think it is likely that is going to happen," said Robert Gibbs during a regular briefing on Thursday, noting the bid would not be official until Obama filed papers with the Federal Election Commission (FEC).
Gibbs said Obama wanted to continue his efforts to revive the economy, Xinhua reported.
With a series of White House personnel shifts, US media outlets have been abuzz with speculations about Obama`s re-election campaign.
Reports indicated Obama will file papers with the FEC to formally declare his candidacy around March, and deputy chief of staff Jim Messina will serve as his campaign manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview