Obama may not visit Hiroshima, Nagasaki while in Japan
Tokyo: US President Barack Obama is unlikely to stop by Hiroshima and Nagasaki during his possible visit to Japan in November because he would not be here long enough to do so, a senior Japanese Foreign Ministry official indicated.
Expectations have been growing in Japan that Obama, who is calling for a nuclear-free world, may visit the two cities that suffered US atomic bombings in 1945, as the ministry is making arrangements for Obama`s possible visit, which would be his first to Japan as US President.
Obama is scheduled to attend the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum summit in Singapore in November, and it is possible that he may visit Japan around that time.
"We heard that he is going to visit other countries as well. His stay may not be long enough to go to Hiroshima and Nagasaki," the official said yesterday on condition of anonymity.
But he also said that nothing is yet decided and that, ultimately, it is up to the President to decide whether to go the cities in western and southwestern Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday