Obama meets King of Spain, discusses global issues
Washington: King Juan Carlos I of Spain on Wednesday met US President Barack Obama here and the two leaders discussed bilateral and global issues.
At the lunch at his private dining room at the White House, Obama was joined by the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the National Security Advisor General (retired)
James Jones while the King`s delegation included Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos and Alberto Aza, Head of Royal Household.
During the lunch, the leaders recognised the strong bonds between the American and Spanish people, the White House said.
"The President expressed appreciation for the King`s long history of friendship with the United States and highlighted his interest in strengthening our partnership with Spain as we seek to confront common challenges, including the global economy, climate change, terrorism and Afghanistan," the White House said.
The leaders also had the opportunity to discuss the situation in the Middle East as well as important issues in Latin America and the Caribbean, including Cuba and ongoing relief efforts in Haiti, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India