Obama meets King of Spain, discusses global issues
Washington: King Juan Carlos I of Spain on Wednesday met US President Barack Obama here and the two leaders discussed bilateral and global issues.
At the lunch at his private dining room at the White House, Obama was joined by the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the National Security Advisor General (retired)
James Jones while the King`s delegation included Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos and Alberto Aza, Head of Royal Household.
During the lunch, the leaders recognised the strong bonds between the American and Spanish people, the White House said.
"The President expressed appreciation for the King`s long history of friendship with the United States and highlighted his interest in strengthening our partnership with Spain as we seek to confront common challenges, including the global economy, climate change, terrorism and Afghanistan," the White House said.
The leaders also had the opportunity to discuss the situation in the Middle East as well as important issues in Latin America and the Caribbean, including Cuba and ongoing relief efforts in Haiti, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?