Obama meets King of Spain, discusses global issues
Washington: King Juan Carlos I of Spain on Wednesday met US President Barack Obama here and the two leaders discussed bilateral and global issues.
At the lunch at his private dining room at the White House, Obama was joined by the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the National Security Advisor General (retired)
James Jones while the King`s delegation included Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos and Alberto Aza, Head of Royal Household.
During the lunch, the leaders recognised the strong bonds between the American and Spanish people, the White House said.
"The President expressed appreciation for the King`s long history of friendship with the United States and highlighted his interest in strengthening our partnership with Spain as we seek to confront common challenges, including the global economy, climate change, terrorism and Afghanistan," the White House said.
The leaders also had the opportunity to discuss the situation in the Middle East as well as important issues in Latin America and the Caribbean, including Cuba and ongoing relief efforts in Haiti, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble