Obama meets top Republican Senators on immigration reforms
Washington: In his effort to seek bipartisan support on comprehensive immigration reform, US President Barack Obama has met top Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham.
Expressing satisfaction at the meeting, the two Senators praised Obama for his commitment to a comprehensive immigration reform. Vice President Joe Biden was also present in the meeting yesterday.
"We had an excellent meeting with the President and the Vice President this afternoon during which we discussed a variety of issues, including our effort to pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation this year," the two Senators said.
"We were pleased to hear the President state his firm commitment that he will do whatever is necessary to accomplish this important goal," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'