Obama meets top Republican Senators on immigration reforms
Washington: In his effort to seek bipartisan support on comprehensive immigration reform, US President Barack Obama has met top Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham.
Expressing satisfaction at the meeting, the two Senators praised Obama for his commitment to a comprehensive immigration reform. Vice President Joe Biden was also present in the meeting yesterday.
"We had an excellent meeting with the President and the Vice President this afternoon during which we discussed a variety of issues, including our effort to pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation this year," the two Senators said.
"We were pleased to hear the President state his firm commitment that he will do whatever is necessary to accomplish this important goal," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video