Obama meets top Republican Senators on immigration reforms
Washington: In his effort to seek bipartisan support on comprehensive immigration reform, US President Barack Obama has met top Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham.
Expressing satisfaction at the meeting, the two Senators praised Obama for his commitment to a comprehensive immigration reform. Vice President Joe Biden was also present in the meeting yesterday.
"We had an excellent meeting with the President and the Vice President this afternoon during which we discussed a variety of issues, including our effort to pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation this year," the two Senators said.
"We were pleased to hear the President state his firm commitment that he will do whatever is necessary to accomplish this important goal," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what