Obama missed baseball match due to NATO summit
Washington: US President Barack has said that he missed a baseball match because he had to attend the NATO summit.
Obama refuses to give any answer, when pool reporters questioned him after his joint statement with Hamid Karzai at Sunday’s summit.
No, he said, wait for the Monday press conference, the Politico reported.
But he could not maintain his silence when Sun-Times political reporter Abdon Pallasch asked him if he “had gone to the crosstown?,” referring to the Cubs-White Sox series taking place at Wrigley, a few miles from the summit hall.
“I missed it,” he replied with a ‘light smile`, according to the foreign pool report.
“They don’t let me have fun,” he added.
But Hillary Clinton, who grew up in Cubs territory on the North Side, spent Saturday night at the ballpark with NATO dignitaries and General Jon Allen, who threw out the first pitch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi