Obama missed baseball match due to NATO summit
Washington: US President Barack has said that he missed a baseball match because he had to attend the NATO summit.
Obama refuses to give any answer, when pool reporters questioned him after his joint statement with Hamid Karzai at Sunday’s summit.
No, he said, wait for the Monday press conference, the Politico reported.
But he could not maintain his silence when Sun-Times political reporter Abdon Pallasch asked him if he “had gone to the crosstown?,” referring to the Cubs-White Sox series taking place at Wrigley, a few miles from the summit hall.
“I missed it,” he replied with a ‘light smile`, according to the foreign pool report.
“They don’t let me have fun,” he added.
But Hillary Clinton, who grew up in Cubs territory on the North Side, spent Saturday night at the ballpark with NATO dignitaries and General Jon Allen, who threw out the first pitch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city