Obama named `Person of the Year` by Time; Malala is runner up
New York: US President Barack Obama has been named Time Magazine`s 2012 Person of the Year, with the US publication calling him the `Architect of New America`.
This is second time in four years that Obama has been named person of the year by the publication.
He had received the title in 2008.
Coming closely behind Obama is young Pakistani education activist Malala Yousafzai, who is recuperating in a British hospital after being shot by the Taliban in October in Pakistan for speaking out about girls` right to education.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is also among those shortlisted by the publication for its annual honour while Egypt`s first democratically elected President Mohammad Mursi also founf a place among the runners up.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video