Obama poll numbers soars after Operation Osama
Washington: The popularity of US President
Barack Obama is soaring high as a result of the successful
military operation in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda chief
Osama bin Laden, latest poll figures have said.
More than nine in 10 Americans approve of the US
military action that killed bin Laden on Sunday, and 79 per
cent say his killing is "extremely" or "very important" to the
US, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll released today.
"Ninety-three per cent of Americans say they approve
of the action that killed bin Laden. This is similar to the 90
per cent of Americans who in an October 7, 2001, poll approved
of the US taking military action against Afghanistan," it
These approval levels are higher than the immediate
reaction to the launching of either the first Persian Gulf War
in 1991 or the Iraq war in 2003, for which approval was in the
mid- to high 70 per cent range, the statement said.
When Americans are asked how much credit they would
give to Obama, George W Bush, the CIA, and the US military for
finding and killing bin Laden, the US military and the CIA
emerge as the big winners in the public`s eyes, USA
Nearly nine of 10 (89 per cent) say the military
deserves "a great deal of credit," while 62 per cent say the
same about the CIA.
"Americans are more reserved in giving credit to
President Obama. Thirty-five per cent say he deserves a great
deal of credit and another 36 per cent say he deserves a
moderate amount of credit. More than a quarter say he does not
deserve much or any credit at all," the statement said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'
- Sensing tool 'SpiroCall' can measure your lung function over phone call
- WATCH & solve this IPL mystery - What's the connection between Zaheer Khan, Chris Morris and ‘Porcupine’?