Obama pours cold water on Ice Bucket Challenge
Edgartown: President Barack Obama won`t be taking part in the ice bucket challenge that is sweeping America to raise money and awareness for Lou Gehrig`s disease, also called amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS.
The challenge asks people to post videos of themselves being doused with cold water and publicly call on others to do the same within 24 hours, or donate USD 100 to the ALS Association. It has raised more than USD 40 million.
Ethel Kennedy, the 86-year-old Kennedy family matriarch, tagged Obama to participate after recently soaking herself at her family`s Massachusetts compound, knowing the president was vacationing nearby.
Obama participated financially by donating an undisclosed sum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it