Obama pours cold water on Ice Bucket Challenge
Edgartown: President Barack Obama won`t be taking part in the ice bucket challenge that is sweeping America to raise money and awareness for Lou Gehrig`s disease, also called amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS.
The challenge asks people to post videos of themselves being doused with cold water and publicly call on others to do the same within 24 hours, or donate USD 100 to the ALS Association. It has raised more than USD 40 million.
Ethel Kennedy, the 86-year-old Kennedy family matriarch, tagged Obama to participate after recently soaking herself at her family`s Massachusetts compound, knowing the president was vacationing nearby.
Obama participated financially by donating an undisclosed sum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves