Obama pours cold water on Ice Bucket Challenge
Edgartown: President Barack Obama won`t be taking part in the ice bucket challenge that is sweeping America to raise money and awareness for Lou Gehrig`s disease, also called amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS.
The challenge asks people to post videos of themselves being doused with cold water and publicly call on others to do the same within 24 hours, or donate USD 100 to the ALS Association. It has raised more than USD 40 million.
Ethel Kennedy, the 86-year-old Kennedy family matriarch, tagged Obama to participate after recently soaking herself at her family`s Massachusetts compound, knowing the president was vacationing nearby.
Obama participated financially by donating an undisclosed sum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city