Obama-Putin bilateral at G20 `not planned`: Kremlin
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin is currently not planning to have bilateral talks with US President Barack Obama at the G20 summit although there is a chance of an informal encounter, the Kremlin said on Friday.
"A meeting with Obama is not planned," the Kremlin`s foreign policy aide Yury Ushakov said at a briefing today.
Putin plans to "shake his hand" along with other leaders` when he greets them at the summit in Saint Petersburg, Ushakov said.
The two will still have a chance to speak on the sidelines of the summit, Ushakov said. "Whether it will be standing up or in chairs, I do not know," he commented.
With US-Russia ties at a new low after Moscow gave asylum to US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden, the White House earlier this month scrapped a US-Russia summit that was planned to take place in Moscow just ahead of the G20.
A bilateral meeting in Saint-Petersburg was not scheduled "because we and the Americans planned a full-scale state visit (by Obama) to the country, which, as you know, is not happening," Ushakov explained.
As well as the row over Snowden, US-Russia ties have been stretched by a host of other rows, ranging from Syria to human rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?