Obama quite popular with Russians
Moscow: Around 56 percent of Russians, who took part in a nation-wide survey, positively assess US President Barack Obama`s work after he stepped into the world`s most powerful post.
The survey, which was conducted by All-Russian Public Opinion Research Centre (VTsIOM), revealed that only seven percent take a negative view of Obama`s work as the US President.
Russian citizens came to know more about Obama in the year that has passed since his presidential inauguration (the increase from 72 to 78 percent).
Only five percent of the respondents know that Obama is an Afro-American, three percent that he is the first from the community to become the US President and a mere one percent know that he has a family - wife and children.
Overall, Russians have a positive attitude towards the American President. Thus, Obama had respect and sympathy of 29 percent of the respondents, while one-third said that they
respected the choice of American people despite not liking everything about him.
The VTsIOM survey conducted on January 16-17, involved 1,600 respondents in 140 populated localities in 42 regions, territories and republics of Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video