Obama quite popular with Russians
Moscow: Around 56 percent of Russians, who took part in a nation-wide survey, positively assess US President Barack Obama`s work after he stepped into the world`s most powerful post.
The survey, which was conducted by All-Russian Public Opinion Research Centre (VTsIOM), revealed that only seven percent take a negative view of Obama`s work as the US President.
Russian citizens came to know more about Obama in the year that has passed since his presidential inauguration (the increase from 72 to 78 percent).
Only five percent of the respondents know that Obama is an Afro-American, three percent that he is the first from the community to become the US President and a mere one percent know that he has a family - wife and children.
Overall, Russians have a positive attitude towards the American President. Thus, Obama had respect and sympathy of 29 percent of the respondents, while one-third said that they
respected the choice of American people despite not liking everything about him.
The VTsIOM survey conducted on January 16-17, involved 1,600 respondents in 140 populated localities in 42 regions, territories and republics of Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone