Obama rally streaker to make another attempt
New York: New York streaker Juan
Rodriguez, who ran naked at an Obama rally in Philadelphia but
failed to collect a USD 1 million prize, will make another
attempt -- this time in front of another undisclosed head of
Rodriguez had accepted the challenge by Alki David,
the British billionaire who came up with an offer to pay USD 1
million to garner attention to his website Battlecam.com.
After the challenge, David said that Rodriguez failed
to meet all the requirements of his challenge and refused to
pay up for the stunt.
Later, David decided to give him consolation prize.
The challenge required the participants to shout
"Battlecam.com" six times, and have the name of the website
written across his or her chest, and be within earshot and
sight of Obama.
David wasn`t convinced that President Barack Obama had
seen 24-year-old Juan Rodriguez pull off the stunt.
"After reviewing the footage of Juan Rodriguez`s
attempt to complete the Battlecam.com Million Dollar
Challenge, I spoke with Mr Rodriguez directly. He agreed that
he was not able to complete all the criteria of the
challenge," David said in his statement.
"But he (Juan) came so very close, and his personal
story about why he decided to take such a risk for his family,
moved me to provide him with a generous consolation prize," he
Rodriguez has been charged with indecent exposure
and lewd behaviour before being released on USD 10,000 bail.
The White House has refused to comment on the
incident. Rodriguez insisted that he had come within 10 feet
of the president.
"He (Obama) definitely did look at me for a moment?he
kept his cool though," he said in an interview with The New
The man from Staten Island said he wanted to use
the money to cover his sister`s medical bills and to start a
college fund for his three young children.
David has indeed has agreed to pay all Rodriguez`s
sister`s hospital bills, Rodriguez`s rent for the next year,
which is about USD 1,600 a month, and will provide him with an
additional undisclosed amount of cash, according to The Post.
David has also been criticised for hiding behind
technicalities and simply not paying up USD 1 million.
Now, Rodriguez will make another attempt for the same
benefactor, involving an undisclosed head of state for an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'