Obama receives 65,000 letters a week
Washington: Barack Obama receives a
whopping 65,000 letters every week, making it a Himalayan task
for his White House staff to read all these letters and then
short list a few of them for the US President to respond
Obama gives top priority to these letters as he
believes that this keeps him in touch with the masses even
after becoming the President. There is a special department
within the White House which handles these letters every day.
"These letters, I think, do more to keep me in touch
with what`s happening around the country than just about
anything else. Some of them are funny. Some of them are angry.
A lot of them are sad or frustrated about their current
situation," Obama told the CBS news.
"It gives you a sense of what`s best about America,
and inspires you and makes you want to work that much harder
to make sure that that -- that spirit is reflected in our
government," Obama said.
"We get 65,000 paper letters every week," said Mike
Kelleher, Director of the White House Office of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!