Obama reminds daughters their life `not the norm`
Washington: President Barack Obama says he and the first lady are constantly reminding their daughters of the "slightly unreal environment" they`re growing up in the White House.
In an interview published online today by Amazon`s Kindle Singles, Obama lamented a shift in culture toward consumption and the focus on celebrity lifestyles.
Obama says when he was growing up, "Kids weren`t monitoring every day what Kim Kardashian was wearing or where Kanye West was going on vacation, and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success."
Obama says his daughters, Malia and Sasha, have other family members in the middle class and even poor, so they see that others struggle and that their life is "not the norm."
The interview is available for free download.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16