Obama reminds daughters their life `not the norm`
Washington: President Barack Obama says he and the first lady are constantly reminding their daughters of the "slightly unreal environment" they`re growing up in the White House.
In an interview published online today by Amazon`s Kindle Singles, Obama lamented a shift in culture toward consumption and the focus on celebrity lifestyles.
Obama says when he was growing up, "Kids weren`t monitoring every day what Kim Kardashian was wearing or where Kanye West was going on vacation, and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success."
Obama says his daughters, Malia and Sasha, have other family members in the middle class and even poor, so they see that others struggle and that their life is "not the norm."
The interview is available for free download.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!