Obama ridicules Romney`s differentiation on outsourcing
Washington: President Barack Obama ridiculed the difference made by his rival Mitt Romney`s Republican campaign between `outsourcing` and `offshoring` and said they have failed to understand the issue.
"His advisors were asked about this (about outsourcing) and they tried to clear this up by telling us there`s actually a difference between `outsourcing` and `off-shoring`. That`s what they said. You can`t make this stuff up," Obama said referring to the explanation being given by the Romney Campaign.
Accusing Romney`s team of failing to get an understanding of the issue, Obama said a worker whose job "went overseas" will hardly have anything to do with the "difference between outsourcing and offshoring."
The President referred to the news report by a leading daily which claimed that Romney`s old firm owned companies was instrumental in outsourcing jobs to India and China.
"Last week, it was reported that Governor Romney`s old firm-owned companies were that `pioneers` in the business of outsourcing American jobs to places like China and India," Obama said, referring to a `The Washington Post` report.
The President claimed that the Republican`s stand reflected the overall economic vision they "wanted to implement" if voted to power.
"What`s important to understand is (that) Governor Romney`s commitment to outsourcing is not just part of his record, it`s part of an overall economic vision that he and Republicans in Congress want to implement if they win this election," he said.
"It`s been voted on in Congress. It`s right there on Governor Romney`s website. First of all, they promise to roll back all kinds of regulation on banks and polluters and insurance companies and oil companies," Obama said.
"So that`s step number one. Second, they promise not only to keep all the Bush tax cuts -- not just the ones for the middle class, but for everybody, for the wealthiest Americans -- but they also then want to add another USD 5 trillion in tax cuts on top of that, including a 25 per cent tax cut for every millionaire in the country," Obama alleged.
Obama said that unlike Romney, he seeks to "close the outsourcing loophole" in country`s tax code and wants to give tax breaks to companies who "create jobs and manufacturing" in the US.
"You need somebody who`s going to wake up every single day and fight for American jobs and investment here in the US. That`s what you need. That`s why I am running," Obama said amidst applause from the audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM