Obama, Romney to meet over lunch at White House
London: US President Barack Obama will host Mitt Romney for lunch at the White House on Thursday.
The invitation fulfills Obama`s election night promise to reach out to his defeated challenger.
The move also gives him an opportunity for bipartisanship as he tries to reach a budget deal with Republicans in Congress, the Telegraph reports.
The private lunch in the President``s dining room will be the first time the two men have met since the bad-tempered debates in October.
According to the paper, the visit to the house he once hoped to occupy is likely to be difficult for Romney, who since the election has been photographed filling up his own car with petrol and riding roller coasters at Disneyland, a far cry from his time as a presidential candidate when he was constantly surrounded by aides and Secret Service bodyguards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah