Obama, Romney to meet over lunch at White House
London: US President Barack Obama will host Mitt Romney for lunch at the White House on Thursday.
The invitation fulfills Obama`s election night promise to reach out to his defeated challenger.
The move also gives him an opportunity for bipartisanship as he tries to reach a budget deal with Republicans in Congress, the Telegraph reports.
The private lunch in the President``s dining room will be the first time the two men have met since the bad-tempered debates in October.
According to the paper, the visit to the house he once hoped to occupy is likely to be difficult for Romney, who since the election has been photographed filling up his own car with petrol and riding roller coasters at Disneyland, a far cry from his time as a presidential candidate when he was constantly surrounded by aides and Secret Service bodyguards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...