Obama says Romney suffering from `Romnesia`
Washington: Adding a new term to US political lexicon, President Barack Obama has accused Mitt Romney of suffering from "Romnesia" for changing positions and said his Republican rival needed to be put under "Obamacare".
"He (Romney) is changing up so much and back-tracking and sidestepping we`ve got to name this condition that he`s going through. I think it`s called `Romnesia.` That`s what it`s called. I think that`s what he`s going through," Obama said in an election speech in Virginia.
Obama recommended "Obamacare" to cure this condition.
Later in the evening, Vice President Joe Biden said in Florida he hoped that others do not catch up this "contagious" disease. "I hope you all don`t get `Romnesia.` "It`s a bad disease. It`s a bad disease."
"And it`s contagious because all of a sudden (Congressman) Paul Ryan, the budget hawk, the guy who introduced a whole budget plan that it already passed the House of Representatives, all of a sudden he doesn`t remember it.
"He doesn`t remember what it actually does to the vital programmes that mean so much to ordinary people. He says it doesn`t cut; it just slows growth," Biden said as he attacked Ryan, the Republican Vice Presidential candidate.
Later in a conference call with reporters, Ben LaBolt, spokesman of the Obama Campaign, said Romney has a case of "Romnesia."
"He`s forgotten his record, and he wants you to forget it too," he alleged.
The Obama campaign, in fact, defined `Romnesia` as "a condition affecting Romney, who has shifted his positions from `severely conservative` to `severely kidding` -- conveniently forgetting the conservative promises he`s made over the past six years that he`s been running for president."
The Twitter world was also soon abuzz with #Romnesia.
The Romney Campaign was quick to react, alleging that the people of the country have suffered during the last four years of the Obama Administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'