Obama says Romney suffering from `Romnesia`
Washington: Adding a new term to US political lexicon, President Barack Obama has accused Mitt Romney of suffering from "Romnesia" for changing positions and said his Republican rival needed to be put under "Obamacare".
"He (Romney) is changing up so much and back-tracking and sidestepping we`ve got to name this condition that he`s going through. I think it`s called `Romnesia.` That`s what it`s called. I think that`s what he`s going through," Obama said in an election speech in Virginia.
Obama recommended "Obamacare" to cure this condition.
Later in the evening, Vice President Joe Biden said in Florida he hoped that others do not catch up this "contagious" disease. "I hope you all don`t get `Romnesia.` "It`s a bad disease. It`s a bad disease."
"And it`s contagious because all of a sudden (Congressman) Paul Ryan, the budget hawk, the guy who introduced a whole budget plan that it already passed the House of Representatives, all of a sudden he doesn`t remember it.
"He doesn`t remember what it actually does to the vital programmes that mean so much to ordinary people. He says it doesn`t cut; it just slows growth," Biden said as he attacked Ryan, the Republican Vice Presidential candidate.
Later in a conference call with reporters, Ben LaBolt, spokesman of the Obama Campaign, said Romney has a case of "Romnesia."
"He`s forgotten his record, and he wants you to forget it too," he alleged.
The Obama campaign, in fact, defined `Romnesia` as "a condition affecting Romney, who has shifted his positions from `severely conservative` to `severely kidding` -- conveniently forgetting the conservative promises he`s made over the past six years that he`s been running for president."
The Twitter world was also soon abuzz with #Romnesia.
The Romney Campaign was quick to react, alleging that the people of the country have suffered during the last four years of the Obama Administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?