Obama should replace Biden with Hillary: McCain
Washington: US Senator John McCain has said that it ‘might be wise’ for President Barack Obama to remove Vice President Joe Biden from the Democratic presidential ticket and replace him with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
“I think it might be wise to do that but it’s not going to happen obviously, for a whole variety of reasons,” McCain said in an interview.
“I’m not sure if I were Hillary Clinton I would want to be on that team,” ABC News quoted the senator, as saying, adding: “I think her ambitions frankly are for 2016 and I’m not sure that would enhance that likelihood.”
According to the report, McCain said that Biden “continues to say things that are unacceptable in American politics,” specifically referring to Biden’s remarks on Tuesday in Danville, Virginia.
Vice President Biden had said to the crowd, “Look at their budget, and what they are proposing. Romney wants to let — He said in the first hundred days, he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They’re going to put y’all back in chains.”
McCain said the Vice President ‘crossed the line’ this time and should be held accountable for that sort of remark, the report added.
According to the report, McCain said that it would be “very difficult for anybody in the team that ran this kind of campaign to govern and bring people together.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29