Obama thinks ‘my way or the highway’: Bobby Jindal
Washington: Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal on Tuesday blasted Barack Obama for his handling of the current economic crisis and the government shutdown accusing the US President of being stubborn and adopting a "my way or the highway" attitude.
"This President`s not leading. It`s his way or the highway. He simply tells Congress, `I`m not gonna negotiate. I`m not gonna change anything.` That`s not leadership," Indian American Jindal told Fox News in an interview.
"Where`s his plan? He has not presented one budget that spends the amount of money we take in, not this year, not next year, not the next 10 years. He never even pretends to balance the budget."
Jindal, who was a Congressman before he was elected as Governor of Louisiana, said he has no desire to go back to Capitol Hill.
Currently Chairman of the Republican Governors Association, Jindal has appeared on several TV talk shows where he was highly critical of the President.
"Part of the frustration with DC is we`re not seeing leadership out of the White House. I think you need structural changes. It`s not just who is in Congress. Without a balance requirement, you know, they`re going to continue to kick the can down the road. Everybody is worried about the debt ceiling," he told CNN.
Jindal said nobody wanted a shutdown or a situation where the government isn`t paying its bills.
"I think the president needs to show leadership. Last time we had these kinds of intense negotiations, remember when you had a Democratic president/Republican Congress, you got policies, for example, like the welfare reform legislation. President (Bill) Clinton vetoed that twice but he showed leadership, he found common ground with Congress," Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon