Obama thinks ‘my way or the highway’: Bobby Jindal
Washington: Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal on Tuesday blasted Barack Obama for his handling of the current economic crisis and the government shutdown accusing the US President of being stubborn and adopting a "my way or the highway" attitude.
"This President`s not leading. It`s his way or the highway. He simply tells Congress, `I`m not gonna negotiate. I`m not gonna change anything.` That`s not leadership," Indian American Jindal told Fox News in an interview.
"Where`s his plan? He has not presented one budget that spends the amount of money we take in, not this year, not next year, not the next 10 years. He never even pretends to balance the budget."
Jindal, who was a Congressman before he was elected as Governor of Louisiana, said he has no desire to go back to Capitol Hill.
Currently Chairman of the Republican Governors Association, Jindal has appeared on several TV talk shows where he was highly critical of the President.
"Part of the frustration with DC is we`re not seeing leadership out of the White House. I think you need structural changes. It`s not just who is in Congress. Without a balance requirement, you know, they`re going to continue to kick the can down the road. Everybody is worried about the debt ceiling," he told CNN.
Jindal said nobody wanted a shutdown or a situation where the government isn`t paying its bills.
"I think the president needs to show leadership. Last time we had these kinds of intense negotiations, remember when you had a Democratic president/Republican Congress, you got policies, for example, like the welfare reform legislation. President (Bill) Clinton vetoed that twice but he showed leadership, he found common ground with Congress," Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees