Obama thinks ‘my way or the highway’: Bobby Jindal
Washington: Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal on Tuesday blasted Barack Obama for his handling of the current economic crisis and the government shutdown accusing the US President of being stubborn and adopting a "my way or the highway" attitude.
"This President`s not leading. It`s his way or the highway. He simply tells Congress, `I`m not gonna negotiate. I`m not gonna change anything.` That`s not leadership," Indian American Jindal told Fox News in an interview.
"Where`s his plan? He has not presented one budget that spends the amount of money we take in, not this year, not next year, not the next 10 years. He never even pretends to balance the budget."
Jindal, who was a Congressman before he was elected as Governor of Louisiana, said he has no desire to go back to Capitol Hill.
Currently Chairman of the Republican Governors Association, Jindal has appeared on several TV talk shows where he was highly critical of the President.
"Part of the frustration with DC is we`re not seeing leadership out of the White House. I think you need structural changes. It`s not just who is in Congress. Without a balance requirement, you know, they`re going to continue to kick the can down the road. Everybody is worried about the debt ceiling," he told CNN.
Jindal said nobody wanted a shutdown or a situation where the government isn`t paying its bills.
"I think the president needs to show leadership. Last time we had these kinds of intense negotiations, remember when you had a Democratic president/Republican Congress, you got policies, for example, like the welfare reform legislation. President (Bill) Clinton vetoed that twice but he showed leadership, he found common ground with Congress," Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow