Obama to attend APEC meeting in Singapore
Washington: US President Barack Obama will attend the 17th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation leaders meeting in Singapore scheduled later this year, White House announced on Thursday.
"President Obama will attend the 17th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders` meeting in Singapore on November 14-15," White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said.
APEC is an important forum that brings together the dynamic economies of the Pacific Rim and Singapore is an important partner on a range of regional and global issues,
"President Obama looks forward to working with APEC leaders to promote open trade and investment, support economic recovery and sustainable development, and address key challenges facing the region and the world," he said.
Gibbs said Obama expects to visit other countries during his trip to the region, but did not give the names.
"Further announcements will be forthcoming when those plans are finalised," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read