Obama to attend APEC meeting in Singapore
Washington: US President Barack Obama will attend the 17th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation leaders meeting in Singapore scheduled later this year, White House announced on Thursday.
"President Obama will attend the 17th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders` meeting in Singapore on November 14-15," White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said.
APEC is an important forum that brings together the dynamic economies of the Pacific Rim and Singapore is an important partner on a range of regional and global issues,
"President Obama looks forward to working with APEC leaders to promote open trade and investment, support economic recovery and sustainable development, and address key challenges facing the region and the world," he said.
Gibbs said Obama expects to visit other countries during his trip to the region, but did not give the names.
"Further announcements will be forthcoming when those plans are finalised," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India