Obama to host Chilean president in June
Washington: US President Barack Obama will meet his Chilean counterpart Michelle Bachelet at the White House June 30, the president house said Thursday.
"The visit will highlight our close relationship with Chile and our strong partnership with the Bachelet Administration on advancing peace and global security, social inclusion, and free trade," Xinhua quoted White House spokesperson Jay Carney as saying in a statement.
Bachelet, who served as Chile`s president from 2006 to 2010, won the presidential campaign in a run-off in December. She was officially sworn in as president of Chile in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened