Obama to nominate chief of staff as Treasury Secretary: Reports
Washington: US President Barack Obama has decided to nominate his Chief-of-Staff Jack Lew as his next Treasury Secretary to replace Timothy Geithner, media reports said today.
An announcement in this regard could come as early as tomorrow, reports said.
"Lew`s nomination comes a week after Washington barely averted a fiscal cliff free fall and just as lawmakers gird for a series of three new fiscal dramas, a looming debt ceiling breach and the start of the spending sequester in two months, and a possible government shutdown in late March," Politico reported.
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has said that he would like to leave the post by the end of the month.
Lew, 57, previously served as Director of the Office of Management and Budget in the Clinton and Obama Administration, and is a member of the Democratic Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why