Obama urges Israelis, Palestinians not to act with revenge
Berlin: US President Barack Obama urged both sides in the escalating conflict between Israel and Palestinians to show restraint and not act in a spirit of revenge, in a German newspaper article to be published on Thursday.
"At this time of danger, everyone involved must protect the innocent and act in a sensible and measured way, not with revenge and retaliation," Obama wrote, according to an excerpt of a column written for Die Zeit weekly.
"Both sides must be prepared to accept risks for peace," read the extracts from the article which were published in German.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- India, Iran, Afghan sign strategic Chabahar port pact; PM Modi commits $500 million
- Sexism row in BBL: Chris Gayle hits back heavily at criticisers, says it was just for ‘little fun’
- Economic engagement with Afghanistan, Iran our priority: PM Modi
- Watch! This is how ATM frauds cheat victims
- Allergic customer dies after being served nut-based curry; restaurant owner found guilty