Obama urges Israelis, Palestinians not to act with revenge
Berlin: US President Barack Obama urged both sides in the escalating conflict between Israel and Palestinians to show restraint and not act in a spirit of revenge, in a German newspaper article to be published on Thursday.
"At this time of danger, everyone involved must protect the innocent and act in a sensible and measured way, not with revenge and retaliation," Obama wrote, according to an excerpt of a column written for Die Zeit weekly.
"Both sides must be prepared to accept risks for peace," read the extracts from the article which were published in German.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Deaths in Indonesia landslides, flood rise to 56 with nine still missing
- IAF to set up training base at Kodikarai
- DRDO to start Rs 100 crore research centre at Jadavpur varsity
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal all praises for Shirish Kunder's 'Kriti'!
- AAP wants Najeeb Jung arrested over murder, Delhi LG rebuts charge