Obama views Libya attack as terrorism: White House
Aboard Air Force One: The White House says President Barack Obama considers the recent deadly assault on the US consulate in Libya a terrorist attack.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says it is "certainly the case that it is our view as an administration, and the president`s view, that it was a terrorist attack."
Four Americans were killed, including the US ambassador to Libya.
Carney`s comments came after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney accused Obama of failing to acknowledge what Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and other officials have said that the attacks in Benghazi were acts of terrorism against the US.
Obama has declined several chances to call the incident a terrorist attack. He said last week that extremists used an anti-Islam video as an excuse to assault US interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details