Obama vows Holocaust would ‘never happen again’ with ‘survival’ of Israel
Washington: US President Barack Obama has vowed to ensure that the Holocaust never happens again with the survival of the Jewish state of Israel.
Speaking at Israel’s Holocaust memorial and museum, Yad Vashem, Obama said that although the ‘ancient’ state of Israel does not exist anymore because of the Holocaust, if a strong Jewish state of Israel survives then the Holocaust will never happen again, Politico reports.
According to the president, people are not born with hatred in their hearts, adding that hatred bears seed only because of violent teachings.
Calling for the teaching of compassion and understanding to the younger generation, Obama said that although he had seen many concentration camps, nothing equals the heart-rending effect of the Yad Vashem, adding that he has the same feeling every time he comes to the place.
Obama’s third day of his trip to Israel got off to a solemn start on Friday with the trip to the Yad Vashem, which is dedicated to the 1.5 million children who died in the Holocaust, as well as trips to gravesites of Israeli heroes, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees